Saturday, December 13, 2008

Advent Conspiracy

Our family is on the quest of making Christmas more meaningful. As Christians we celebrate Jesus leaving the glory of heaven and becoming a human being so that we would understand that God is with us and for us. Does buying gifts for people who don't need them and sometimes don't want them honor Jesus? Does getting the latest toys for our children bring glory to God? Have you seen the “Advent Conspiracy” videos on youtube.com? This movement was started by five pastors who wanted to help their church members make Christmas more about giving than buying. Their motto is ‘worship fully; spend less; give more; love all.” I must say that I cannot argue with that platform. But how can I give those “words” real life in my home? Visit me each day as I reflect on the Christmas changes we have made this year.




3 comments:

Susan {LilbearMe} said...

Wow. That was powerful. I want to be like them. Thanks for that dose of reality. Being like Jesus is all that matters.

God bless!
Lilbear

Erica said...

I am not a religious person, but this rings true no matter what religion you are. We spend far too much money on un-needed gifts.

Stacee said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

My dd emailed me the website for Advent Conspiracy - like many I agree with much of it! It's is certainly time for change!