Sunday, February 8, 2009

Menu Planning Monday

Well, we survived a viral attack on our family this past week. Both the kids were home a couple of days from school. This threw my schedule off a bit, but we are back in action for this week!

The past couple of weeks, I have devoted a little more time to menu planning than usual. Soccer season has started and we are all getting home later than usual so I am on the lookout for meals that can be made in 30 minutes or LESS but are also CHEAP! This is what I came up with this week!

Sunday: Pan fried pork chops, vegetable egg noodles, oven roasted veggies.

Monday: Crock pot ham and potatoes, salad

Tuesday: Sausage and Egg Hash, Almond orange apricot crescent rolls

Wednesday: Homemade Egg Rolls

Thursday: Homemade Pizza - Ok you caught me, it is frozen and I bought it from the store :)


VEGETABLE EGG NOODLES
1 package of egg noodles cooked according to directions
1 T. butter
1 small onion, sliced
1 cup fresh mushrooms, slided
1/2 bag of spinach

Melt butter in skillet. Add onions and mushrooms and cook over medium low heat until onions are transluscent. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Add to cooked egg noodles and season with salt and pepper as desired.

4 comments:

Kiy said...

Looks great! My go to in a hurry meals are sauteed vege's and rice out of the rice steamer. Thankfully, we don't need to resort to that often, but it's nice to know I have so kind of plan on those nights. My other go to is the crock pot, but I see you already have that trip whipped into shape!

Glad everyone is feeling better. Seems we have something starting here. Yick. Maybe I will just sleep until spring. ;)

Cheers, Kiy

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I always love to see every comment. It lets me know someone is really out there. Thanks again.

Stacy - Mae Mae's Creations said...

How do you stick to planning a week in advance??? Everything is so out of control here, I have trouble keeping dinner plans I made at 4pm... lol!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my site. You have a great menu! Have a lovely week!

Allie
Learningtobefrugal.com