Monday, July 11, 2011

Half Marathon...Why must you keep calling my name?

Relatively speaking, I am a new runner. With only a year under my belt, I am still learning a whole lot about the sport. Such as....1 mile never gets easy! (I'll give you a list of the things I have learned about running in another post).

It is a long story why I began running, well not really, so here goes:
1. The bod has changed over the last few years.

2. Ummm, I guess number 1 really says it all.

Luckily, I have a fabulous spouse who said that not only did he support me in my new endeavor, he would join me. He also said not to buy any new running shoes until I had stuck with it for at least 6 months. Perhaps that was my motivation.
I would definitly like to persuade you to try running. It is usually the one and only really healthy thing I do for me and only me. The rest days are absolutely devine as well!

The supportive husband and I used this system to build up for our first 5K race.

COUCH POTATO TO 5k

It takes you from this

To this


Ok, that maybe a tiny exageration, but it is a relatively painless run/walk method to build up your endurance.


Back to my original idea. A half-marathon has been haunting my dreams. I don't know why, it's not like I enjoy running sooooo much that I want to do it for 2 or more hours! Ha, I still look like this when I finish 4 miles:


How will I ever make it through 13.1 miles? Well, I did it anyway...paid my entry fee. Please follow me along as I train for my first half-marathon!

No comments: